If you’ve decided to say goodbye to petrol for good and invest in a sleek Tesla electric vehicle, this blog explains more about the Tesla wall charger installation process and requirements.
Australian Tesla owners have two connector options when it comes to home charging equipment – a Wall Connector and a Mobile Connector.
Tesla, one of the most sought-after EV manufacturers, advises that the Wall Connector is the better choice for homeowners, as it offers the fastest charging speeds and is most convenient. And like most other EV home charging stations, this one needs to be installed by a qualified electrician such as Armitage Electrical.
Below you’ll find out more about the process – and if you’re based on Brisbane’s northside and looking to get a Tesla wall charger installed, you can contact us here.
Tesla Wall Connector Install
For a charging option that’s long-lasting and faster you’ll need to purchase the Wall Connector (this was previously supplied with each vehicle but is now an added extra.)
If you order your Tesla wall charger and it arrives before your new vehicle, we are able to the install the Wall Connector in preparation for its arrival!
Tesla HPWC Install Process
There are a few steps to installing a high-power wall connector and you will need licensed electrician to carry out all work.
Installation needs to comply with Australian wiring regulations.
- Determine how much space is required
- You need to ensure that you have enough wall space to neatly hang the charging cable and isolator.
- Your wall charger will also need to comfortably reach your charge port, which is located at the rear left hand-side of the vehicle.
- A solid fixing is imperative so that the connector can be safely secured to the wall. If you don’t have a solid fixing, we recommend picking an alternative position or installing added supports.
- Quote Given
- Normally we can provide an estimate over the phone if the customer can provide:
- Size of charging circuit required,
- Photos of current switchboard,
- The location in which the charger is to be mounted, and its estimated distance from switchboard.
- Tesla Charger Installed
- Once the above items have been completed, installation can begin.
- Pre-wiring is recommended before you receive your vehicle. This may take a day or two.
- If pre-wiring is completed the installation could take less than an hour.
How Much does a Tesla Wall Charger Cost?
The charger itself used to be included with the car, however it is now an added extra. Here are the additional costs for charging the vehicle and installation.
- Cost to install –
- Prices vary and are dependent on a few factors, including size of charger required and distance to existing switchboard.
- Cost to charge –
- A Large 32amp single phase charger will cost roughly $1.68/hour charging.
- It can be set up to run on off-peak meters for further cost reduction.
Tesla Wall Charger Installation
Did you know a Tesla Wall charger needs to be installed by a qualified electrician?
The team at Armitage Electrical are qualified to do the job. Call us now to book in your installation.
Armitage Electrical are your fully qualified and licensed, trustworthy, professional and reliable electricians North Brisbane.
With all-inclusive up-front pricing, Armitage Electrical provides the highest quality electrical, maintenance or repairs on hot water systems, switchboard and mains upgrades, and pool and shed wiring for your home North Brisbane.