You’re ready to create your dream home, but before you start ripping down walls and heaving hammers, you need to take a step back.
One of the most important steps in work done on any home, new or old, is the electrics.
In this latest blog from Armitage Electrical, Renovation Tips: Hiring an Electrician, we highlight the importance of ensuring all electrical work is not only done correctly but also professionally and safely.
When should you hire an electrician
While you may consider yourself a sparky who knows one wire from another, it is extremely important that all electrical work is done by a licensed electrician.
There are many risks involved in working with electricity and a licensed electrician is qualified and insured to do the work. We also have the necessary skills and tools to do the job correctly.
Electricians understand the importance of getting everything perfect and in the right place during your renovation. Hiring a professional to do the initial job will also reduce the chance for anything short circuiting or failing down the track if it hasn’t been done properly by a qualified person.
What stages require an electrician?
Most renovations are done in two steps, the disconnect and rough in stage and the fit out stage.
- Disconnect is the initial stage where everything needs to be made safe before work can begin. Rough in is then completed where cables are run, often when walls and ceilings are off or before cabinets go in.
- The fit off is the next stage where walls and cupboards go back in. Fit off can be done before or after painting. Each job is different and we like to work with the builders, project managers and home owners as much as possible throughout the job to ensure each step is completed thoroughly.
Tips for staying safe
- Seek advice from a qualified electrician before touching anything that involves electricity.
- All electrical appliances should be disconnected and made safe before other trades, home owners, children and pets take over the space.
- Leave all electrical work (wiring, lights, power points, etc) for a qualified, licensed and insured electrician.
Renovation Tips: Hiring an Electrician
Don’t be a rookie when it comes to home renovations. Always call in the experts and hire an electrician for all electrical work. Call Cameron from Armitage Electrical on 1800 230 400 or submit an online inquiry here to find out more.
Armitage Electrical are your fully qualified and licensed, trustworthy, professional and reliable electricians North Brisbane.
With all-inclusive up-front pricing, Armitage Electrical provides the highest quality electrical, maintenance or repairs on hot water systems, switchboard and mains upgrades, and pool and shed wiring for your home North Brisbane.