If you live in an older style home and you’re looking to renovate, it will mean changes to your electrical work and a mains power upgrade. That’s where the team at Armitage Electrical can help.
We specialise in residential mains upgrades and will ensure to provide a safe, consistent and adequate power source for your changing electrical needs.
What is a Mains Power Upgrade?
A mains power upgrade is the upgrade of cables between your switchboard/meter box and point of supply – either power pole or underground green box usually located on the street.
This upgrade allows customers to safely use more power for large draw items including air conditioning, pools, solar, spas etc.
When is an Upgrade Required?
Upgrades are required when the maximum demand exceeds the current rating of existing consumer mains, particularly in older houses. At the time they were built, they were not designed to accommodate multiple air conditioner units, solar equipment or luxury items such as pools and spas.
Other examples for multi-phase upgrades could be for granny flat layouts, large sheds and power requirements for specific equipment. Large single phase equipment may require upgrade of single phase power as to not overload existing consumer mains. Some equipment may require 3-phase power to operate.
What You Need to do for the Upgrade
- If power is to be upgraded to either 2 or 3-phase, both Energex and your retailer will need to be notified.
- A check for availability will also need to be done prior to work commencing.
- We, as the electrical contractor, perform the work for the upgrade, however all meters and final connections are done by Energex.
What We Use for a Mains Upgrade
At Armitage Electrical, we use Clipsal meter boxes and switch gear (safety switches).
- Clipsal safety switches are double pole switched.
- Nearly all appliances now require double pole switching for warranty claims.
- Having these installed at the switchboard at the very start of the circuit keeps all appliances and future appliances covered.
Mains Power Upgrade
Armitage Electrical are your fully qualified and licensed, trustworthy, professional and reliable electricians North Brisbane.
With all-inclusive up-front pricing, Armitage Electrical provides the highest quality electrical, maintenance or repairs on hot water systems, switchboard and mains upgrades, and pool and shed wiring for your home North Brisbane.