Give your family and home the best protection you can from fires with a smoke alarm installation North Brisbane.
As your local domestic electrician, Armitage Electrical can supply and install the newest and safest photo-electric interconnected smoke alarms.
We pride ourselves on providing our clients with the highest quality domestic electrical services, maintenance or repairs at an all-inclusive competitive price.
Photo-Electric Interconnected Smoke Alarms
Smoke Alarm regulations are getting stricter to ensure families are kept safe from any fires. The following regulations are now required for all smoke alarms;
- If the smoke alarms are older than 10-years or if they fail to operate when tested, they must be replaced.
- If they are replaced, they must be replaced with photoelectric smoke alarms and powered by what is currently there (i.e. if they are powered by 240-volt they must be replaced with 240-volt smoke detectors, otherwise battery operated photoelectric are fine).
- All smoke alarms that are required by legislation, when necessary, must be replaced with Australian Standard 3786–2014 compliant smoke alarms.
If you have any questions about your smoke alarms, please contact us at Armitage Electrical on 1800 230 400.
Smoke Alarm Installation Requirements
It is a requirement that hard-wired 240-volt photoelectric smoke alarms must be installed in the following circumstances:
- On each storey; in each bedroom; and in hallways which connect bedrooms and the rest of the dwelling; or if there is no hallway, between the bedrooms and other parts of the storey.
- If there are no bedrooms on a storey, at least one smoke alarm must be installed in the most likely path of travel to exit the dwelling and all smoke alarms must be interconnected.
Client Testimonial Bray Park Smoke Alarm Install
We supplied and installed 4 x 240v photo-electric interconnected smoke alarms up and downstairs for Peter at his Bray Park home recently. He couldn’t speak more highly of his experience with our team:
“Armitage Electrical provided me with a great service. They were prompt and professional. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to get any electrical work completed. Thank you Cameron and team.”Peter H.
Smoke Alarm Installation North Brisbane
Armitage Electrical are your fully qualified and licensed, trustworthy, professional and reliable electricians North Brisbane.
With all-inclusive up-front pricing, Armitage Electrical provides the highest quality electrical, maintenance or repairs on hot water systems, switchboard and mains upgrades, and pool and shed wiring for your home North Brisbane.