You know the electricity is on with the simple flick of a switch, but do you know how to check if you have 3 phase power at home or work?
To some it might seem like an easy question to answer, but at Armitage Electrical we know not everyone is across the difference in the phases of power.
If you are unable to locate 3 phase power at your property, or you’re looking to install 3 phase power, we can help.
What is 3 Phase Power?
3 Phase power uses 3 phases of power rated at 63Amps each as opposed to single phase power (normal domestic install) at only 63Amps.
3 phase power is used with 3 phase equipment or appliances, such as machinery, ovens, spas and air conditioning units or if you have surpassed the single phase total demand requirements for the entire install (63AMPs).
How to Check if You Have 3 Phase Power
- Check your switchboard for a label – If you do have 3 phase, the main switch in your switch board should be labelled “3 phase main switch”.
If it’s not labelled, the main switch light and power will be 3 times the physical size of a normal circuit breaker.
- Call Energex – If you want to find out and confirm 100% that you have 3 phase power, call Energex on 131 253.
- Check if there are 3 phasecircuit breakers installed for aircon, spas and ovens.
Why Choose Armitage Electrical?
- Cameron has 10 years of experience as an electrician and is happy to chat on the phone to help with what you need.
- We are fully qualified, licensed and insured. We’re also a Master Electricians Member.
- We provide exceptional attention-to-detailand come recommended by hundreds of happy clients.
- We complete jobs on time and on budget, with no exceptions.
- We don’t charge call out fees and our pricing is all-inclusive and upfront.
- We only recommend reputable brands that we know and trust, so you can be assured of a quality job.
3 Phase Power and Your Home
Armitage Electrical are your fully qualified and licensed, trustworthy, professional and reliable electricians North Brisbane.
With all-inclusive up-front pricing, Armitage Electrical provides the highest quality electrical, maintenance or repairs on hot water systems, switchboard and mains upgrades, and pool and shed wiring for your home North Brisbane.